United Airlines will enhance your travel experience to Chicago beginning in December when it begins operating the new Bombardier CRJ550. The CRJ550 is a new CRJ Series aircraft model, with a new type certificate based on the CRJ700. United Airlines is the launch customer of this new model.
The CRJ-550 is the world’s only 50-seat regional aircraft to offer true first-class seating and other premium amenities, including:
- Space for every customer to bring a roller bag on board.
- A self-serve refreshment center for United First customers featuring a wide assortment of snacks and beverages.
- More overall legroom per seat than any other 50-seat aircraft flown by a U.S. airline.
- The ability to stay connected while in flight with United Wi-Fi.
- It offers improved passenger experience with ample on-board storage for carry-on bags and more passenger living space.
With the CRJ550, the CRJ Series is the only family of regional aircraft that can offer a 3-class cabin across all-market segments, while meeting the current operational requirements and pilot unions’ scope clause. United will gradually add the aircraft on the Chicago route with more trickling in by the Summer of 2020.